Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Look then Look Again

This month I am sharing some of my photos and observations from Fiber Arts Fiesta 2015.

I am a fan of sampler quilts and love finding interesting sampler quilt designs at shows and online. I confess that I was a little surprised to see a second place ribbon hanging on this traditional sampler quilt, Star Sampler by Kathy Sublett, when I first saw it from a distance.   It is made from block patterns by Pam Bono.

Star Sampler by Kathy Sublett

It was in the category for large traditional quilts (AKA Q101), along with some pretty amazing quilts.   When I got closed and looked again, I was completely charmed and impressed with the quilting, by long-armer Pam Millward. 

Star Sampler by Kathy Sublett - Detail Star Sampler by Kathy Sublett - Detail
Star Sampler by Kathy Sublett - Detail Star Sampler by Kathy Sublett - Detail

3 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It is truly beautiful. Her quilting is spectacular!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Definitely worth looking at again and again - truly lovely.

Anonymous said...

The quilting on this is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...