Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Dogs on Quilts

It seems only fair after yesterday's Cats on Quilts to share a quilt of the canine variety from the Fiber Arts Fiesta which took place last month in Albuquerque.

This is My Three Bassets by Shari Schmitt

My Three Bassets by Shari Schmitt

It was the third place winner in the large pictorial quilts category.

My Three Bassets by Shari Schmitt - DetailWhen I saw this quilt at the show, it made me wonder if it was common to own groups of three Bassets, because of my familiarity (through their keeper's blog) of Chloe, DiNozzo and McGee.

The notes for this quilt in the program say that the Basset portraits were constructed using photos and that the quilt was quilted by Theresa Fetch.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Three seemed like a good idea at the time! That quilt is breathtaking! I guess I need to ge working on my own quilt!

OK, everyone, profiles please!

glen

Anonymous said...

I'm not a dog fancier, but the techniques used here are so well done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...