Thursday, March 26, 2015

Practice, Practice ...

The saying goes that practice makes perfect. I'm not sure that's exactly what's happening with the quilting of the golden oldie UFO string stars quilt.

Practice, Practice

Once committed to a couple of ideas, I kept going ... like with all that pebbling.  Now, I find myself still quilting practicing. I'm adding those parallel lines around the outside edge now. All that will be left is adding something in the red border in a different color thread (because I couldn't cover it in more of the teal/turquoise variegated thread.)

I'm not sure my pebbles have improved, but I'm a lot more comfortable using rulers now.

Updating to add a link to Angie's WIPS Be Gone list–this golden oldie UFO definitely qualifies–and to Lizzie's Free Motion Mavericks

9 comments:

Elaine M said...

Looks wonderful to me, I think you are too hard on yourself.

Marie Joerger said...

Beautiful Quilting!! Love how you put the different designs together... :)

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Very beautiful, I love the parallel lines in the border against the feathers!

Terri said...

I love it just the way it is. So modern and yet it has the old designs in the piecing and quilting. Just beautiful.
Hugs

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I think you've finished practicing!!!! Love it...

Cathy said...

I love the quilting and it does look like practice makes perfect in your case BUT now it looks like those fun string stars are lost amid all that quilting since my eyes go to the quilting first and barely notice the stars. Maybe that's not so with the full quilt view?

Maree said...

Love the quilting -I am starting to get more adventurous with my quilting but lots of practice needed.

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful quilting, Sophie. Your idea was just right for that top. I'm very interested that you used rulers. Are you quilting this on a domestic machine? What foot are you using? Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone. Your WIP is probably already out of that category. Congrats!

Muv said...

Hello Sophie,

Fabulous quilting! It is fascinating seeing that the quilt is going to work on two different levels - close up the eye will be drawn to the detail of the quilting, and from further away the focus will be on the stars.

Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

Love, Muv

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...