Saturday, January 03, 2015

Rockin' the Golden Oldies for a Lovely Finish

January Goal for a Lovely FinishWhile other quilters are finishing up their January mystery quilts from yesterday, I have pulled out one of my golden oldie UFOs today–a New Year's Day mystery from quite a few years ago made from woven plaid flannels.

I have pulled out the quilt top and the pieced back with a plan to quilt it this month–my January goal for a Lovely Finish.

I had an idea of how I would quilt it (unmarked, free motion quilting designs), but after I pulled it out and actually looked at it for the first time in a long time, I see the proportions are different than I remembered them and I'm thinking my original plan ... I'm sure I'll have made a decision by the time I get it basted.

This is just a piece of it, photographed on top of my work table under the skylight while I have some good light in the studio. The quilt top is approximately 84 inches square.


11 comments:

Terri said...

84" square is a big beauty. I love the mix of the plaids, and the pattern, too. I haven't seen this one before. Guess it isn't that long that I've been following. I'd have remembered this one.
Hugs

Julierose said...

I love those plaids, too! Really nice quilt finish...should be fun to quilt this one...hugs, Julierose

Gretchen said...

Great plaids! This will make a snuggly quilt for winter.

Mystic Quilter said...

Golden Oldie or not it's stunning! What an amazing range of plaids.

Needled Mom said...

That will be a perfect finish for January.

Jo said...

Great size quilt. I'm sure you will pick a suitable design

Sandy Panagos said...

Those plaids are beautiful. Finishing up a Golden Oldie is always fun.

Elaine M said...

The plaids are inviting and energizing. Great quilt.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

golden oldies rule! Love it!

Angie in SoCal said...

Just the kind of WIP I want to work on this coming year, Sophie. I invite you to link to WIPs Be Gone (a Friday post) and share this wonderful Eye Candy. Off to some slow EPP stitching which I am going to go do right now and defrost my toes.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I can hardly wait to see how you quilt it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...