Saturday, January 17, 2015

Rainbow Scraps Inspiration

I had a plan for projects I wanted to work on as part of the Rainbow Scraps Challenge in 2015. (You might have noticed that since the arrival of the new year, I haven't worked on any of them).

I had been thinking that I didn't want to make another "rainbow" quilt, then I saw this, hanging outside the Accuquilt booth at AQS Quiltweek in Albuquerque.

Accuquilt Inspiration

(Photo taken with their permission.)  Most of these shapes are made from smaller units and I already own most of the dies I'd need to do something like this from my scraps.

I am headed back to the show to see the rest of the quilts and ... maybe buy one of the dies I'd need if I decide I DO have another rainbow quilt in me ;-) 

I'm sharing with the Scrap Happy Saturday crowd ... in case anyone is inspired to join me. 

22 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It's a beauty!

Scrappy quilter said...

Amazing quilt. I look forward to seeing yours when you are done. Love how the colours blend together in that quilt.

Frederique said...

What a great quilt! Thanks for sharing.
I'm running a giveaway, you are welcome to enter if you need more fabric to make a beauty like this one!

Sally Trude said...

Wonderful! I love how it fractures in the middle.

sunny said...

That is a gorgeous quilt!!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

There are like 30 rainbow quilts I want to make now.......

Julierose said...

Oh that Storm at Sea is gorgeous in rainbow colors..I can see why you want to make one...hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

This is gorgeous!! I do hope you have it in you to make another rainbow quilt and you can call it
"A Rainbow Sea"

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a SUPER idea . . . I hope you follow through with it!

Unknown said...

I love the Storm At Sea design and this is certainly spectacular.

Nell's Quilts said...

That storm at sea doesn't look intimidating at all - more like the rainbow after the storm. It's beautiful. Hope you decide to give it a go.

Terri said...

OMG that is a beauty. Classic pattern - and gorgeous color! You do need to make one.
Hugs

Cathy said...

Oh, yes...isn't that gorgeous! Probably easy going if you have a cutter! Go for it!

Anonymous said...

That's probably the prettiest Storm at Sea I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing the photo.

LA Paylor said...

gorgeous rainbow quilt. Will you make one too?
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Jo said...

I really like the effect of the rainbow colours. This is a great quilt

Bridget said...

If you make this, would you recommend the strip cutter or would you cut the strips old school style?

I like this quilt, think I'd be up to the challenge.

Sheila said...

This is a beautiful quilt. Have fun.

Jennie in GA said...

Gorgeous inspiration. Thx for sharing.

Celine said...

Wow this is fantastic Sophie!

Deb A said...

Beautiful quilt! If you want something different you could always use the challenge to make a 2 color or 4 color quilt working on the parts as the color comes up. Or a single color one...... Just putting it out there =)

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Oh wow... that is a stunning quilt! Can't wait to see your version.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...