Monday, March 03, 2014

Who Needs an Alarm Clock?

A beautiful sunrise will motivate me to get out of bed and enjoy it more than an alarm clock ever does. Today's was especially brilliant. I was up earlier than ever, and ran downstairs to grab my camera to take some photos before the colors dissolved into daylight.


While standing on the frosty deck, barefoot in my pajamas, trying to capture those brilliant colors and layers, a flock of birds circling to the north caught my eye. Every time I tried to capture them in a photo, they changed direction.


I couldn't figure out what was going on until they dropped from the sky and I zoomed in to find them taking a break on a wire.

8 comments:

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

What glorious colours! Thank-you for sharing!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Thank you for posting your sunrise! Love those birds.The colors are just amazing in that sky. How it changes is interesting, so totally different from one minute to the next.

Look to the sky today!

Judy S. said...

Great photos! Were you able to identify those birds? It's getting easier to get up here as it gets light earlier. Now if only the sun would shine so we could see it rise!

Terri said...

Great pictures. Love the mountains so close. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Farm Quilter said...

Another one of God's masterpieces! Love love LOVE your sunrise - that would even inspire me to get up and enjoy the glorious beauty!!! Makes me miss the sunrises and sunsets in Reno. Thanks for sharing the beauty with us!

Jill said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful sunrise. The colors are brilliant!

Jill said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful sunrise. The colors are brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Now that is why I miss the southwest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...