Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Quiltus Interruptus

I was quilting this small quilt in February when my Bernina died (2 weeks after coming back from the dealer after it died in January).

Back to quilting the Wonky Fly Doll Quilt

I was frustrated and not feeling completely confident in their abilities, but since they are the only dealer around, I talked with them at the Fiber Arts Fiesta and arranged to take it back. It's more than two hours of driving there and back ... for a fix–at least I hope it is a long-lasting fix–that took less than a minute.

I didn't finish this on the Singer 301, because it doesn't like the lightweight threads I'd been using and I wasn't sure it would look the same.   After I finish filling in the white background with feathers, I plan to use the pattern n the vintage sheet you can see in the strips on the front as a quilting design, then flip the quilt over where there's more of the sheet and use it from the back as a quilting design for the plain borders.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my lovely purple Bernina is really fixed this time.  Wish me luck.

And joining the crowd for WIP Wednesday on Freshly Pieced.   Check it out to see what others have in-progress this week.

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh let's hope so!! your feathers are looking good.

Julierose said...

Good luck on your machine-fix; I dropped off my older Pfaff Varimatic at my LQS for a tune-up and fix (I am hoping, too!!) for the threadnest sewing and thread jumping off the discs. I hope to use it for travel and a spare for quilting as it has the built-in walking foot. One can only hope...julierose

Paulette said...

What a bummer your Bernina is back in the shop for the second time this year. Your quilting looks really nice so far. Hope it doesn't take long before you're back in business.

Unknown said...

I do wish you luck, I have a Janome, my second machine, but since buying this machine the dealer has closed up shop. My nearest dealer is now a 45 minute away, not as long as your drive but still inconvenient through traffic.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Hi Sophie. Did you take your Bernina to Ryan's or Ann Silva's? They both sell and repair Bernina's. Just curious.

Terri said...

Have your fix it guys look at all the plastic pieces inside. I had a Singer once that was always going back to the repairman. I discovered that the cam (a gear that was plastic) was cracked. Once that piece was fixed it worked just fine. Sometimes the problem is hard to find.
Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...