Sunday, May 05, 2013

Thinking about Slow Stitch Sunday

Auditioning Thread for Quilt #3I finished the quilting on the Cotton Robin quilt at my house yesterday.  I can't share a photo until it's finished and received by the owner.  This photo shows some of the thread I auditioned and the back of quilt #3.  I ended up using 4 of the 6 thread colors.

Today I plan to add a piped binding and hanging sleeve and stitch it down later, so that it will be ready to be sent home tomorrow.  So, it's a secret project for me for slow stitch Sunday.

 Earlier this week, on BillieBee's Blog, I won a Star Flower pattern.  I don't know why I haven't yet jumped on the hexie bandwagon ... but this variation appeals to me A LOT.  These are Billie's star flowers in progress.   I see a similarly scrappy version as my future slow sunday project.  Thanks, Billie!

But first, I'll be on the hunt for a protractor so I can draw the pattern and make templates for the last of the hand pieced quilt-along blocks.  Hmmm ...  Sunday evening may turn out to be more about pencil and paper and drawing than stitching today, but I hope to wrap up both tasks tonight.

How do you spend your Sunday evenings?

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

:)
Since I found Slow Sunday Stitching, I try to do just hand sewing. It's very slow for these old hands, but it's so relaxing.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the stars and can't wait to see you slow stitching secret. I just started using different colored threads when hand quilting, makes it a whole lot more fun!

Unknown said...

Is slow stitching hand sewing? I like hand sewing at night while in front of the television, the nights are getting cooler here so I have a quilt over me while I do this so comfy. I love those stars.

Kate North said...

I'm not a big fan of hexies (I like the look just fine, just not a fan of making them) but the flowers are sweet. Still not tempting enough for me to make any, though. If I'm lucky, my Sunday evening (and any evening) will involve some cross-stitching, although last night didn't. Of course it didn't feel like Sunday anyway as we have a bank holiday today!

Quilter Kathy said...

I think I have a hexie project somewhere here? I didn't love it, but do enjoy seeing others' projects.
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...