Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I was happily surprised when the mechanic finished up the work on my car Friday afternoon, because it meant I could drive to Albuquerque for the Fiber Arts Fiesta yesterday and spend the day with quilts, rugs, weaving, lace, knitting ... and vendors.  While I'm fighting with the new version of Flickr to upload my photos from that amazing event, I'm checking out the quilts in the online Bloggers Quilt Festival.

AmysCreativeSide.comIf you haven't been following along, this weekend is a good time to discover all the great quilts.  Voting is open through May 30, so you can also vote for your favorites in each category.   

The Main Page has general information and links to each of the category pages. 

I've blogged about the two quilts that contributed: 

Grace offers moral support
Small Comfort is #16 in Group or Bee Quilts.  

You can see more of the quilt (and less of Grace Hopper the cat) in my blog post about the quilt I made from comfort blocks sent to me after my dad died  here.

Quilting on the Singer 301
Cock-a-Doodle Tea Towel is #26 in Wall Hanging Quilts.

This quilt was my first attempt at free motion quilting on my old Singer 301.  It's not perfect, but I love it and enjoy it everyday hanging at one end of my kitchen.  You can see more photos in this post.

This is the first time I've joined the Bloggers' Quilt Festival, though I have always enjoyed the eye candy.  What a great tradition it has become.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...