Thursday, February 07, 2013

Starting things ...

I made a trip to a local new-to-me fabric store yesterday and came home with the beginnings of two projects.

A tea towel for Victoria's Tea Towel challenge on 15 Minutes of Play. 

Sophie's Tea Towel

(After a couple weeks of looking for an interesting vintage tea towel in resale shops, I settled for this new one, based on a vintage design)

Some striped fabrics for my piece for the All About Me blog hop. 

Stripes

These textiles are the inspiration for these two projects.  What comes first for you?  The design idea or fabrics that whisper, "use me?"

4 comments:

lj_cox said...

Depends on the project. I'd say it's about 60/40 between projects where I had the idea and went and found the fabric, and projects where the fabric showed up and said: "make something!"

Cher said...

the striped fabric I was hoping to use just would not do what I wanted..I then found a great stripe that would work with my overall design idea for this blog hop..love yours!

Carrie P. said...

I have seen your posts on the tea towel challenge. This looks like fun and very interesting. I am off to read about it. I love that towel!

Pat/SWquilter said...

I think most of the time the fabric speaks to me first. Not always, but a significantly larger percentage of the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...