Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Still Quilting Along ...

Pat and I seem to be on the same path–quilting traditional quilts with less-traditional free-motion-quilting–and her post today sums up my feeling as well ... It's Taking Longer Than I Thought.

But I am making progress.  I've finished quilting the 9-patches.

Detail of 9-Patches

I've started quilting feathers into the Flying Geese in the border.

Detail of Flying Geese Border

I only have 88 geese to finish ... and all that background to fill with more pebbles.

The Quilting Continues

Since it's already Wednesday in other parts of the world, I'm linking to Esther's WOW (WIPS on Wednesday) blog post ... and updating this post to add it to the WIPS Wednesday Linky party on Freshly Pieced.

5 comments:

Pattilou said...

It's so nice to see other's feathers. I have really struggled with making mine look like I want them to. UFO's that go to donation is a great way to practice I've decided. I like the way you've done feathers in the flying geese.

sophie said...

I've adopted the attitude that EVERY quilt is practice for those that follow it ;-)

Kate North said...

I know it's slow going, but it's going to look great :) I should do something similar with my Christmas sampler. Perhaps I will!

Bunny said...

Love your feathers on your domestic machine. Wish I could do them good for you.

Chris said...

It might be taking longer than you thought but the results are gorgeous :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...