Friday, August 17, 2012

Sopaipillas

Sopaapillas at Tia SophiaLunch at Tia Sophia's is always good ... and it comes with the best sopaipillas–light, puffy squares of deep-fried dough.

Some people eat it along with their meal–there's even a stuffed one on the menu–but I save it for desert, drizzle some honey over it and enjoy--usually half is enough ... and I didn't think to take a photo until my half was already gone.

I'm not usually much of a fan of deep-fried anything, but this may be the exception.  Savory or sweet, the sopaipillas at Tia Sophia's are the best I've had since moving to Santa Fe.

Yum!

3 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

I haven't had one of those in years, yet my mouth just waters seeing it on your blog. LOL!! They sure are good.

Debra Dixon said...

Not on my recent food list either but I do remember they are tasty!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I miss Sonoran-style sopapillas! Everyone here in TN makes the Chihuahuan-style, which is tortilla crisps with cinnamon and sugar. Not at all the right way! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...