Saturday, July 02, 2011

Red, White and Blue (scraps)

When I read that red, white and blue was the July colorway in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I immediately thought of an old UFO, a Lone Star quilt made from red, cream and blue scraps that would be the perfect choice–it needs some red and blue applique and I still have plenty red and blue scraps.  But when I went to pull it out of cold storage, it wasn't where I expected to find it . . .  until it turns up, I'm going to work on these WIPs, which together are red, white and blue.

Red-white-blue challenge

The red and white redwork seasons wall hanging needs a backing, quilting and binding. I haven't had the confidence to quilt around that redwork in the past, but I'm going to look at it as another excuse to practice my FMQ and have a go at it now.

The blue and white winter WIP is my project for the Liberated Round Robin. I've added the first round–triangles in the borders on the left and bottom . . . but the LibRR is already up to round 3, so I have some catching up to do.  You can read my post about Round 1- Triangles on the LibRR blog here: Sophie's Triangle Round.

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I love the little redwork piece. I don't have much courage quilting around motifs either. One approach is to echo the main design like outline quilting.

Quilter Kathy said...

The redwork quilt is so cute and will be a happy wallhanging. I love your liberated round robin piece. I have lots of ideas for mine, but haven't even started yet!

Brenda Kay said...

The redwork piece is lovely. I am curious to find out where those red and blues ran off to. lol I am away for the weekend, but will pull my colors once I return home.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great pieces to work on and hope you find your Lone Star.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...