Thursday, December 23, 2010

Found Objects

Found ObjectI must have dreamed about it, because I woke up knowing where to find the lost walking foot. Hurray!

I don't think I have ever really adapted to life without a sewing room and I keep changing my ideas about the best place for my machine and sewing things to live ... I am already looking forward to my next move and dreaming of having studio space again.

In the meantime, the I-spy quilt has been washed and labeled and given it's final inspection by Grace Hopper.

Final inspectionI also finished the other found object-the long lost doll quilt . . . which you can almost see in the background behind Grace.

I'm going to wait until after the holiday to take it to the post office and send it on it's way ... and avoid all the express mail shoppers hoping to get their gifts where they are going on time for Christmas.

5 comments:

Hilda said...

I frequently resolve things while I sleep...glad you found your walking foot. I also cleanup, rearrange my sewing room frequently, and then lose stuff because that perfectly logical place to store something is forgotten.

I've got quilt inspectors now, with four outdoor kitties, several of which enjoy spending time with me in the sewing room. Have a great holiday!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Hooray!! So glad to hear that you found the walking foot. Now, on to more quilting!! It looks as though Miss Grace is thoroughly enjoying the I Spy quilt. Does she have one of her own?

Christine Thresh said...

Isn't it strage how that works? Solving problems while we are asleep. I'm glad you found the walking foot.

Rian said...

Sometimes Jim will ask me where something is and I don't even have an idea what he is looking for, let alone where to find it. The next day I can lay my hand on it.

Hope you're having a Merry Christmas.

Mama Spark said...

Hi Sophie! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I saw your Block Lotto mentioned in Quilter's World. Did you know it was in there? I received the pattern and it is so cool. Thanks again you're the BEST!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...