Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Invisible Woman

A couple weeks ago, I emailed a piece by Nicole Johnson to a friend. The essay is titled Perspective: The Invisible Woman and the title on my email message was similar.

My friend thougth I was talking about myself and the lack of activity on my blog.

Since the two sleep studies, my life has felt like one step forward toward restful sleep and feeling normal again and . . . two steps back. I struggle to go to work most days (and some days, it's just not possible) and many things have fallen by the wayside, including blogging.

Sometimes, I think that one day, life will return to something like normal and, eventually, I'll be able to catch up on everything. Other times, that feels like a crazy fantasy.

1 comment:

AmyB said...

That's a great essay -- I forwarded it to my mom immediately, with thanks.

When you figure out normal, I'd love to hear about it. In the meantime, remember that every step forward IS a step forward and that the struggle is worth it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...