Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Synchronicity at the Quilt Show

As usual for me, as I walked through the NQA show, I saw quilts I wanted to show to someone, based on something they're doing or blogging about or just because I knew they'd love them.

I couldn't help but be reminded of the blog dialogue between Finn and Tonya about making quilts from orphan blocks when I saw this quilt, The Orphanage, made by Kay Olivia and Reggie Fross from San Diego, California.

The Orphanage
(click photo for larger image and for the detail shot--next in the photo stream)

I was impressed by the diversity of blocks the quilter included, size-wise, color-wise, style-wise. I don't know if I could be so fearless. I love it, though, and am inspired.

I took a ridiculous number of photos at the NQA show last week. I will continue to blog those that I loved or that I think one of you will love, but if you want to cut to the chase, you can hop over to my NQA 2007 set on Flickr. Better make a pot of tea--a cuppa might not see you through the ridiculous number of photos.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

another fun take on playing with orphans. you have seen some amazing shows lately - I'm envious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...