Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thank You Libby

Libby replied to my whine earlier today about the forgotten camera battery with a link to her photos of the quilt show.

Here's one of her photos of my favorite quilts of the day, Invitation to a Flower by Kazue Tukayama . I fell in love with the bunny in a kimono.


Here's a detail


Everyone be sure to check out Libby's photoset of Quiltfest 2006 on Flickr. She has some great photos of the show.

I have to share one more quilt, Manitoba Medley by Judy Morningstar.


This quilt is one that gives you a very different experience when you approach it and get up close. Each of the cream squares contains a small landscape, constructed from subtle tones of fabric and lots of wonderful threadwork. It won a blue ribbon for best machine workmanship.


Thank you, Libby. See you in Rosemont in the spring?

3 comments:

Libby said...

Probably :) I'm glad you enjoyed the pics...I have known the sorrow of showing up at a great show and discovering my camera battery was dead, so this was the least I could do!

Libby said...

Probably :) I'm glad you enjoyed the pics...I have known the sorrow of showing up at a great show and discovering my camera battery was dead, so this was the least I could do!

Anonymous said...

I liked that Manitoba medley a lot, but I didn't think pictures of it showed up. Thanks for posting it though--it deserves some recognition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...